Sunday, July 13, 2014

Yummy, minty eos Lip Balm


It's amazing how many products that I have around the house that I can review!

I've gone through three of these eos Lip Balm spheres already. I remembering choosing to try eos Lip Balm maybe a year ago because: 
  • there were rave reviews everywhere 
  • it has a reputation to be natural (it claims to be 100% natural and 95% organic)
  • the packaging is unique - popping out these little coloured spheres make me smile!
I first picked up the Summer Fruit variant (red), then the Honeysuckle Honeydew (green), and now I am going through the Sweet Mint.

Generally, I have enjoyed all the variants. The Summer Fruit and Honeysuckle Honeydew are both very fruity in flavour, and they don't taste chemically or unnatural. The Sweet Mint has a bit of a sting to it but tastes delicious. I did have to stop using it during the winter because the combination of the peppermint and the cold weather was bit much for me.

In terms of its effect on my lips, I love how smooth these balms glide on so easily and moisturise my lips. I noticed that putting on too much doesn't work for me -- it kind of felt filmy on my lips.

The EWG rating is low hazard and I couldnt figure out why there was a 4 attached to "Flavour" because the ingredient listing doesn't have flavour listed anywhere.

Overall, I am pleased with these lip balms and have no preference for flavours.

Have you tried any of eos's lip balms? Which variant works best for you?

Product name: eos Smooth Lip Balm Sphere, Sweet Mint

Ingredients (from eos website): Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Limonene**, Linalool**. *Organic. **Component of Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth. 

EWG Rating: 1 (low hazard)