Saturday, July 5, 2014

Smells yummy but keeps me wide awake!



Alba Botanica Hawaiian Body Cream Rejuvenating Papaya Mango
Alba Botanica Hawaiian Body Cream Deep Moisturizing Kukui Nut

Alba Botanica is purportedly natural, organic and cruelty-free.

On that basis, I've been using Alba Botanica body creams for a few years now. This body butter is relatively inexpensive (CD$9 for this tub) and you don't need very much. I've enjoyed both variants because they were very moisturizing and easily absorbed, perfect for winter.

I've been using up the last of the Papaya Mango body cream during the day. The scent is quite overpowering and it kept me up if I used it at night. (The Kukui Nut scent agreed with me a bit more than the Papaya Mango.) Of course now that I've gone on a rampage to clean up my cosmetic booty, I checked out the ingredients and the EWG Rating.

Disappointment once again. And I was wondering why I never finished the tub. The fragrance has put me off it, and apparently, fragrance is the major culprit for this one.

I've linked up the questionable ingredients below, which are surprisingly many.

EWG Rating: 5 (moderate hazard)
 
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Stearyl Alcohol, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Anacyclus Pyrethrum Root Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum), Beta-Carotene (CI 40800), Caramel (1) Certified Organic Ingredient

Although the rating isn't too high, I decided to throw the remainder of this product away.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin