Sunday, June 8, 2014

Loving L'Occitane Shea Butter. Except the price.

I've had my eye on L'Occitane for years now but their prices make me scoff. When I was gifted one of their perfumes, I fell in love.

I was having some serious skin issues that I decided to scout for something that was natural and had good reviews. I had a discount at L'Occitane and there was free shipping too, so I decided to get the Pure Shea Butter (enriched with Vitamin E).
Luxe packaging. Braille dots on label.

Looks greasy, doesn't it? Like a lard.
Pros: This stuff is fantastic! It's easily absorbed. It doesn't smell of anything. It looks greasy in the photo above but once warmed up, the skin absorbs it quickly.

Ingredients: Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), tocopherol

Rating of product in EWG's Skin Deep Database: 0 (low hazard)

However, the product I have seems to be a different formulation since it is not 100% shea butter. The product I have has tocopherol which has a rating of 1 as an ingredient

Cons: Price. At  C$45 for 150 ml, this stuff really puts a dent in your pocket. I wonder what the difference is with the raw shea butters out in the market, aside from the luxe tin packaging? I intend trying out some of those if they're cheaper and yield comparable results!