Monday, June 30, 2014

Yes it is: Nature Clean Pure Sensitive Shampoo


Looky what I found in the natural product aisles of The Real Canadian Superstore - its Nature Clean Pure Sensitive Shampoo.

I have been using this shampoo for about two weeks now, and the first thing I noticed about it is it has no colour and no scent. In my mind, anything "clear" is difficult to fake.

In terms of how it feels, it does the job well: I don't need very much to get a lather going and it washes out pretty easily. It also doesn't leave my hair overly dried out when done, unlike some shampoos that feel like they strip the oils and everything else out too.

My hair has been feeling soft. A huge plus is that I don't have a head that smells of anything but clean.

Pros: 

1. "Clean"
This variant, like all of Nature Clean hair products are made without parabens, sulphates (SLS & SLES), phthalates, propylene glycol, silicone, PEG (polyethylene glycol), phosphates, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances or dyes. Safe for colour treated hair. Vegan. Biodegradable. Septic Tank & Grey Water Safe (from the manufacturer's website).
   
Ingredients: Water/Eau/Aqua, Cocoglucoside, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Citric Acid, Panthenol (Vitamin B), Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

The EWG Skin Deep Database rates this as a 2 - Low Hazard (see here) with the iffy ingredients linked in the ingredients list above.

I have to give this company props, they even have Material Safety Data Sheets for their products. Check out the MSDS for this shampoo here.

2. Cost: It's hard to ignore how inexpensive this shampoo is: it's about $Cad 9 for 300 ml/10 fl.oz, a little more than the regular shampoos but not too expensive to be prohibitive.

3. Widely available in Canada: I found this in my regular grocery store, Superstore. It can also be found

Cons: 

I can't seem to find anything. So this product and this brand goes on to my "good guys" list for the meantime.